Interior Modules for low cost application
Interior modules are perfect for interior application either against a wall or as single or double sided space dividers.
Ideal for interiors where planting is combined with decorative panels.
The modules can be used as movable, free standing, double sided or single sided space dividers. They can also be wall mounted.
Components of System and Materials
The system is comprised of a marine grade timber module with UV resistant, pocket gardens as a medium for holding plants.
The plants are planted into the unique, removable felt pockets in soil. The plants, in their felt pockets, are placed into the outer Hanging Garden pockets.
The outer material of gardens is guaranteed in harsh UV light for 15 years.
Standard Sizes and Configurations
Our Interior modules are 1900 mm high and 910 mm wide and can be tailored to fit the design requirements.
- Height : 1900 mm . (Can be custom made to fit other dimensions)
- Width: 910 mm (Can be custom made to fit other dimensions)
- Depth: 300 mm for single sided and 600 mm for double sided
- Drip Tray – to fit requirements
- Weight / m2 : Approximately 35 kg per m2 when planted with standard potting mix and saturated.
The light weight Interior Modules s are delivered to site without plants and are quick and easy to install.
All plants are delivered to site, pre-planted in their felt pockets. Installation of the plants is in accordance with a Planting Plan.
Automatic irrigation is pre-assembled and requires a standard connection to a mains water supply.
Site measurement is generally undertaken prior to manufacture. Any wall penetration and fixing detail is designed according to substrate, building design and engineering requirements.
We work with a wide range of high quality plant suppliers around New Zealand and locally sourced, sustainable, New Zealand native plants as well as exotic plants, indoor plants and edible plants can be provided for specific requirements:-
- Interior plants for low, medium and good light situations
All plants are pre-planted into their felt pockets and delivered to site ready to be placed into the Hanging Gardens.
The irrigation systems are designed for the site and environment and can be connected to a rainwater collection system and/or main supply.
A typical installation will use :-
- a 20mm tap with mains water pressure of between 2-5 bar
- a battery or electrical controller with single or multiple zones
- 19 mm vertical feeder pipes and 13 mm horizontal feeder pipes
- pressure compensating drippers or spray irrigation
- Rainwater collection and storage