Are you feeling a bit fed up and need a good smile? Here are my 5 favourite things to do during lockdown
- If you are lucky enough to have a bottle of gin and a cucumber, try this for a great pick-me-up, guaranteed to make you smile. Finely grate about a tablespoon of cucumber into a glass, pour over a good shot of gin and top up with tonic. A refreshing and delicious drink. Suitable for breakfast and will definitely make you smile!
- Go out into the garden or park and see if you can spot the first signs of spring. They are all around. Magnolias in flower signal the end of winter, the trees are coming into leaf and blossom and some early spring flowers are about. A good reason to smile.
- Spread those legs (thanks to Chris Hipkins). Do 10 minutes of stretches and get your heart rate going. Focus on your breathing and feel those muscles. Try not to smile while doing this.
- Give your doggies, kids, pets and others in your bubble a big cuddle. While you may be in need of a smile, so too are those around you. If others see you are happy, they will be less anxious.
- Do a random act of kindness. Make a point of thanking our essential workers when you see them. One little act of kindness can make someone else’s day a little better.
Stay safe, stay positive and support local.